In-Person Worship & Live Streaming
Our worship schedule has changed in keeping with the Governor’s guidance to discontinue indoor in-person worship at this time. Since, we are allowed to worship outdoors we will do so. Here are the details.
- We will have an 8:00 AM service outdoors in the area between our two buildings containing “lunch” tables. The area has overhead shades.
- Masks will be required for those over 10 years old.
- Physical distancing will still be in place. Households should gather around a table for seating. We will have individual and dual sets of chairs set up as well for individual people and couples. These chairs will be set up around the perimeter of the assembly area.
- Hand sanitizer will be available and we encourage you to use it as you enter.
- We will set up a simple sound system that will allow us to use a microphone and an acoustic guitar.
- The service will be a blended service which lends itself better to the acoustic guitar.
- We will have Holy Communion at the service each week until we can once again return to our regular schedule of worship.
- Service folders will be provided. You will need to pick up your service folder from a table as you enter the area.
- The restrooms attached to the church/classrooms will be open.
We will live stream a worship service from the sanctuary at 10:15 AM. This is not an in-person service. The video of the service will also be posted online so that you may view it at any time during the week. You can find the link to the upcoming stream below.
- Sunday, August 9 – YouTube | 8:00 AM Folder | 10:15 AM Folder | Connection Card
- Worship Videos – View Our Upcoming and Recent Worship Streams
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience as we continue our mission and ministry growing forward. Please continue to pray for our nation and our world as we deal with COVID-19 and its impact on us all.
About Our Worship
As God’s people, united in faith around God’s Word, we are given a tremendous freedom in how we can choose to worship. At Abiding Savior, this means that while we have three distinct styles of worship in any given weekend, we truly believe that they are all unified in purpose and can be a blessing to you no matter what your previous experience.
Our traditional services is at 8:00 am on Sunday employs more traditional instrumentation, the organ, choirs, bells, etc., and generally follow an established liturgy. The liturgies and hymnody are rooted in musical and theological tradition, but could be written anywhere from a thousand years ago to the previous week! This gives this service a tremendous sense of connection with the past, but also a connection to the present-day church and, hopefully, a sense of communication with angels, archangels, and all the company of heaven.
Our contemporary services (5:00 p.m. Saturday and 10:15 a.m. Sunday) generally involve acoustic rock worship leadership with guitar, drums, keyboards, and vocals. Blending the newest in contemporary Christian music and the best of the worship life of the Church throughout all ages, we maintain a devotional, congregational-song focused service, always directed towards God’s Word and its place in our lives.
Our Praise & Nurture Worship Service is held in the Adult Education Room. It is a service designed for our friends with special needs. It is a full worship service with the Lord’s Supper, easy to understand Gospel message, and prayer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The service time is 11:00 AM on Sundays. The majority of people attending the service are our brothers and sisters in Christ who generally live in the Bethesda Lutheran Communities homes in the area. Family friends, and guests are welcome.
For festival services (Easter, Christmas, Holy Week, etc.), you will most likely see a blend of all of our various types of worship. On these occasions, we gather everything we have as a congregation and present it to God, united as one body of Christ!