If you are considering a church wedding, perhaps Abiding Savior Lutheran Church is the setting for this very important step in your life. In order for you to know what is involved when couples request the ministry of the Abiding Savior in connection with their marriage, please note the following information.
- The Christian Church believes that marriage has been instituted by God and is His plan for human community.
- The Church believes that marriage is a life-long commitment between one man and one woman and therefore must be entered into very carefully after much preparation and prayer.
- The Church also believes that God would have Christian congregations take seriously their roles as servants to couples seeking a Christian wedding and provide proper support and prayer for that couple.
In order to provide God-pleasing prayer and support for engaged couples, the congregation requests that couples would:
- Participate in pre-marital counseling and preparation with one of our pastors (generally four one-hour sessions).
- Together with the pastor, prepare a wedding service that honors Christ in Word and music.
- Having sought the blessing of God through a Christian wedding the couple should consider seriously their opportunity and responsibility to fellowship further with Abiding Savior or another Christian church, so that the blessing might grow.
If you both wish to seek the ministry of Abiding Savior for your marriage, please complete the Preliminary Wedding Information form available for download here or in the Church Office. The completed form should be returned to the Church Office – this is what reserves your date! Please also request our Wedding Booklet from the Church Office. Our Wedding Coordinator’s name and phone number are on the Preliminary Wedding Information form; feel free to call her to answer questions you might have.
Planning a wedding can be hectic and a lot of work, but it is also one of the most joyous times in your lives. We look forward to working with you as you begin your lives together in Christ. May God shower His blessings on you as you prepare for your wedding!