Admission Procedures (International Students)
Abiding Savior Lutheran School is eligible to enroll International Students with the proper Student Visas in place. A packet with specific requirements and downloadable forms can be found on the right. International students are required to take an English proficiency test upon enrollment and must be enrolled in an ESL class unless adequate proficiency is demonstrated.
We welcome International Students to our campus as an opportunity to mutually learn about our cultures and to witness our Christian faith. It is our intent to limit the number of International Students in any class to facilitate integration with English-speaking students and to enable the teacher to adequately meet the needs of all students in the class.
International Students must enroll for at least one year. We do accept students visiting for only a short time, such as winter break. Inclusion of these short-term students is dependent upon available space.
I-20 Student FAQ’s
- Visa Information – Abiding Savior is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. If a student requires an I-20 from our school, the student must submit ALL necessary documents, complete the admissions process and be granted acceptance prior to receiving the I-20. Adequate processing time must be allowed.
- Status Changes-All International Students who enroll at Abiding Savior Lutheran School and obtain an I-20, will remain as an International Student, even if their F-1 status changes at a later date. Please advise the admissions department if your status changes.
- Financial Assistance – Abiding Savior does not offer financial assistance to International students on F-1 Visa’s, as per United States Government, Immigration and Naturalization Services mandate.
- Health and International Student Insurance – Abiding Savior requires all International to obtain International Student Insurance before attending our school. A copy of the student’s card must be received prior to the start of school.
- Refund Policy – If a student withdraws prior to the beginning of school, all fees will be refunded except the Registration Fee and International Processing Fee. If a student withdraws during the first trimester, a prorated tuition amount equal to one trimester of tuition will be refunded. If a student withdraws during the second and third trimester, NO tuition will be refunded.
- Homestay – Abiding Savior Lutheran School does not arrange housing for International Students.
- Technology-Students in Grades 6-8 will be required to have a Google Chromebook for most coursework.
You may contact me by email to check if there is space available in the grade that you are interested in. Please provide your name (Parent name), the students name and the grade that you are interested in applying for. Parents of International Students will need to complete the International Student Packet and the online school enrollment forms.
COVID-19 Reopening Plan
View the reopening plan for Abiding Savior.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT HANDBOOK
View the International Student Handbook
NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
New International Student applications will be accepted beginning 1 February 2021.
RETURNING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Please pay your registration fee to the school office.
- 03/03/2021 | PTL Meeting
- 03/04/2021 | End of 2nd Trimester
- 03/05/2021 | Crean Preview Day Gr.
- 03/05/2021 | 11:45 Dismissal
- 03/12/2021 | 11:45 Dismissal--Accreditation Team Work
- 03/24/2021 | Honor Assembly
- 03/26/2021 | Color Run
- 03/26/2021 | Dismissal