All 6th through 8th Graders will need iPads for the 2017-2018 School Year!
Here are the important bullets for purchasing the iPad your child will need for next school year. If your child already has an iPad and meets the specifications listed below a new one will not need to be purchased.
- Must be an iPad
- Minimum requirement is a generation 3 or iPad Mini
- Must have Wi-Fi
- At least 16 GB
- May be refurbished
- Must have a case that protects all side and corners of the device
- Must have ear buds / headphones
- Recommend AppleCare protection plan and insurance
- Recommend a Bluetooth keyboard
- You can find deals through Amazon; Target or Best Buy will sometimes have open box sales
- The apps iMovie, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, and Google Classroom will be required, other apps will be needed throughout the year
- The Language Arts novels will also need to be purchased as eBooks
- Need to have your iPad registered with an Apple ID
- Students will be given clear rules on appropriate use during school hours. The iPad is an educational tool, not to be used for gaming, chatting or texting.
We will have several days before school starts for you to bring your iPad to school for us to register it with our monitoring and security system and sign a user agreement form. We will be monitoring the students’ use of the iPads while at school using Meraki.