The goals of the Student Success Center are to maximize student potential, empower students to be more efficient, and teach them to be their own advocates.
The Student Success Center is designed to assist students by:
- Providing specialized and individualized assistance in all academic areas.
- Providing resources and teaching strategies for teachers with students with learning challenges inside the classroom.
Abiding Savior recognizes that in today’s diverse world, many students have unique learning needs. The Student Success Center is conducted as follows:
- The teacher(s) and the parent(s) fill out the necessary paperwork to refer the student to the SSC.
- A referral meeting will be held with the parents, teachers, and the special education teacher to determine placement.
- Special education teacher observes student.
- Student’s needs are assessed.
- Following assessments, test results, and observations recommendations will be shared with the parent(s) and teacher(s).
- Depending upon needs, the student will be placed on an Individualized learning plan or 504 plan.
- Students- receive either individualized, small group instruction or 1:1 on a regular basis.
- Modifications/Accommodations and academic support are provided to students who need support but are not serviced in the SSC.
Our Student Success Center is run by Ms. Tammie Wright. Ms. Wright holds a Bachelors in Liberal Arts; Master’s degrees in Elementary Education and Special Education; Austism Authorization; and English Language Learners Authorization.
We offer the following programs:
- LIPS Lindamood-Bell
- Barton Reading and Spelling
- Orton-Gillingham Instruction
- Touch Math
- Spotlight on Grammar
- Ready Set Go Grammer
We provide the following academic assessments:
- Irlen Syndrome
- Phonological Awareness Test for Phonemic Awareness
- CTOPP Test of Phonological Processing
- WRAML2 to determine working memory
- GST for Reading Comprehension
- Symbol Imagery Test